Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Make a Tunic With A Yoke

Remember the Sneak Peak? Before I pack up my sewing machine in order to work on my biggest challenge for this month, I wanted to finish a few things. One of them was the promised how-to on a tunic with a yoke. It took a bit of tweaking to get it just right, but now I am happy with it. I made 3 more tunics with matching shorts.



And the boy loves them. He does not even mind posing for me. And he changes in and out of the different sets throughout the day. Which is really cute right now, but I am sure will drive me crazy soon enough.
You can tell from the pictures that the yoke is a little bit different. The bottom pictures shows the new updated version, which is what I am going to show you how to do.

Some close ups.


So, from the last post you know how to make a simple tunic (or scrubs) pattern. It will not change much, and you can use the pattern you already made. Cut out a front and a back and the sleeves. Now, draw on your pattern how thick and long you want the yoke (bib looking part on the front) to be. Be mindful that you are drawing just half of the yoke.
 I drew right on the pattern. I changed my mind about the thickness of the collar part and only used the front (shaded).
 I traced it onto another piece of paper and added seam lines. Do not add seam lines on the fold.
 I also cut 2 inch thick strips on the bias.This will be the collar. Just measure around the neckline, take away the width of the front (bib), divide by half, add 1-2 inches extra just in case. Cut 2. And leave the diagonal edge.
more :  http://showtellshare.blogspot.com/2011/07/make-tunic-with-yoke.html


0 comments:

Post a Comment